Wednesday, January 11, 2012

day nine: forgiveness (fun-a-day)

I love working with maps, and thought it was a perfect background for my intention of the day:  forgiveness. Forgiveness for roads traveled, and forgiveness for acts by those who were with me on those roads. I had a big moment several weeks ago when I realized how much shame was eating away at me. I realized I need to forgive myself for my past. It's not even that I've done terrible things - it's more about things I regret saying to someone, or something I did in my life that may have hurt someone. I can't change the things in my past, but I can learn from them. And forgive myself for them.

(I did pick Chicago on purpose, since that's where a lot of my past was spent, but I don't have to forgive Chicago for anything - I still love that town!)

No comments: