Tuesday, January 10, 2012

day eight: motivation (fun-a-day)

This is Mount Rainier - can you tell?

This came to me today while I was attending the public memorial service for the ranger I mentioned earlier. It was a beautiful and heart-breaking service, and one that I don't think I'll ever forget.

The mountain itself, combined with Motivation, makes a ton of sense to me. It represents many things:

- It's my view from my office. I somehow got a fantastic, unobstructed view of Mt. Rainier out my window, and 14 years into living here, it still makes my heart skip a beat whenever I see it

- I heard someone state today that the mountain stands as a permanent memorial to Margaret Anderson. When leaving the service, the previously cloudy view was stunning in clear, blue skies. As a memorial, it reminds me to appreciate my life because you never know how long you have.

- The mountain itself is somewhere I want to spend more time - it represents a spiritual and physical health that I need more of in my life.

No comments: