Friday, March 2, 2012

February's Find of the Month (in Forks!)

Two weeks ago we visited Forks for the long weekend - our first getaway as a family since Willa was born (what?!? way too long). It was a great, mostly relaxing weekend. The beaches were amazingly blustery - we watched as the foam flew horizontally well beyond the beach borders, and we took a beautiful hike through the Hoh rainforest. Being in Forks was a trip, especially in the winter. So much was closed, but I could picture what the summer must be like for Twilight fans. Although very sleepy this particular weekend, the people we did run into were all moms with their daughters (I assume), taking pictures next to the characters' cardboard cutouts and buying Forks shirts, necklaces, etc.

At one point I took a walk into "town" (really just a block away) looking for a thrift store. The only one I found was closed for the weekend, but as I walked I realized that many of the stores on the main strip very advertising "collectibles." I checked a few out and ended up buying a $3 pitcher (above) and a bread box for my craft area (to hold my current projects and misc. supplies). Two weeks later, I took the pitcher to clean and noticed it's a Dansk Kobenstyle, which sounded intriguing. I looked it up and easily found the same pitchers being sold on etsy and ebay for between $32-$95. Not bad. I love it and am excited to add it to my living room!

No comments: