Thursday, April 17, 2008

starlings



I run in this well spinning spinning fast in circles up the wall, falling to the dirt floor when momentum fails me. Starting over again not giving up four years now, smoothing the brick so my path isn't so bumpy. A rope & bucket - was it here before? I grab hold and climb - the circle of sky is expanding Light hits my face and I nearly fall from the shock of it. My feet are on thick green grass and I run. Cartwheels! Like I didn't have legs before now. So long since I've seen these spirits I swoop them all up and we all run together Up trees, on rocks in rivers, examining worldpools and laughing at the poetry of it all.

Something yellow is up the road - starry light explosion propelling the golden beast that I now realize is a bus. I chase it like a puppy thrilled with this game - singing loud to the music surrounding me. I am out of breath and lay down in the lush grass to listen to the music, the wonders around me warming me from within as the bus gets smaller and smaller until it disappears in the sun.

On different same journeys.

your girl

No comments: